Sunday, August 9, 2009

THE ADVENTURES OF ORANGUS IN AMERICA III

Albany August 2, 2009 Times Union Center




Hi guys, I’m really sad you missed this. I now you’re not jealous people so I’ll tell you that probably this was the best AC/DC concert of my life (as you know I saw more than 40 shows. Maybe the Circus Crowne's 2003 setlist was slightly better).

Late in the afternoon I bought a ground floor ticket at the box office. I specifically asked that the seat was near the aisle (sector 5, row a, seat 14). When I entered the venue, by my surprise, I found out that it was a very small section, almost half of the forum of Assago in Milan. My spot was just one seat away from the catwalk. Once the concert started Brian came straight to me and shook my hand! (I'm sure he remembers me from our meeting in Paris when we tried to convince him to play Ride On again). The sound was just perfect. Really, I couldn’t get a better seat than this.

The audience was great this time (even if they didn't sing Rosie at all). After the show everybody was cheering and screaming like crazy. I actually thought there was some special event or aftershow party outside. In fact people were just amazingly happy because of the show.

I also managed to meet and talk to some guys who attended the legendary Roseland Ballroom show in 2003 in NYC. Great stories. Although they really loved tonight's show obviously that concert was just in another league…



3 comments:

  1. look what happened at 4'08"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyAt1b_s8yk

    here you can see how good was my seat 3'31" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZFTQikZl5E

    on another video AlexTradeMarkWerd (I don't know him) writes:
    i was there, did anyone see that guy with no shirt jumping up and down the whole time hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Orangus, you are very lucky and I love your reviews on this blog.

    Mistake of Angus before the first verse :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orangus enjoyed the show because it was his first one in a small indoor arena in the States... Unlike Europe, all the floor seats are reserved. BUT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LEAVE YOUR SEAT TO GO AND SHAKE BRIAN'S HAND! AH AH AH AH AH

    ReplyDelete