Thursday, June 17, 2010

15 Jun Nice FR Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann

Setlist:
Rock'n'Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Big Jack
Dirty Deeds
Shot Down In Flames
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack (incl Angus strip)
Hells Bells
Shoot to Thrill
War Machine
High Voltage
You Shook Me All Night Long
TNT
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Highway to Hell
For Those About To Rock

From the Secretary General's Private Journal

After the Donington MUDness, while the President was stuck in England due to previous commitments, I decided to fly to Nice, France by myself to attend my 42nd AC/DC show. Skipping Stuttgart was enough. There was no point in skipping another AC/DC concert!

The first thing I did in Nice was going to the Theatre de Verdures, a legendary place where AC/DC played the legendary concert in December 1979 with Bon. One of his last shows. I indulged some time imagining Bon on that small stage in front of a bunch of people....

Then I went to the Parc Des Sports. I got there just in time to see Slash play. Honestly, Slash looks a bit too fat for a rockstar, especially comparing to the old days. As for his set, as our Giggi De vito put it, "Slash has become a good Guns'n'Roses cover band".... But still, he is much better than The Answer... For some reasons I also associate Slash to Uncle Michel; not because of Michel's big belly maybe but because he told us the story of when Slash and him spent the night together in a hotel in Grand Rapids in 2000 before the opening night of the Stiff Upper Lip Tour… I guess he meant they spent the night together AT THE BAR of the hotel... At least I hope so... Not sure though... ehehehe

Anyway, the stadium was pretty small and intimate, despite the running track. Orangus and Mathieu, our PD friend from Marseillle were with me. I knew it would rain so I was prepared for the worse. And in fact it rained during the whole show. Light rain for the first half, then heavy rain for the second half. After Brisbane 2010 I got the confirmation that Angus just delivers his best solo performance during Let There Be rock under the rain. And tonight I was lucky enough to get to see the EPIC Angus'solo under the rain again!! FANTASTIC!

Brian was in very good shape too. For the occasion he wore sneakers. No boots as usual. I think the last time he wore sneakers was in Stockholm 2009, but I might be wrong. Maybe he didn't want to slip and fall off the stage like his friend Stevie Tyler did last year… AHAHAHAH

I loved the small changes in the Jack (longer intro) and in Dirty Deeds (delayed "you ain't got the guts" by Angus). I also liked the Nice crowd. Especially because there were a lot of Italian flags flying around, maybe because of the proximity with the italian border, maybe because Italy is still the world champion...

Anyway, now it's time to take my rock'n'roll TGV train to Paris. At the Stade De France gig the whole AC/DC Abruzzo's team will be there, including Andrea and Orangus. Maybe we won't get Ride On like in 2001 but afterall who cares about the setlist when you get AC/DC playing one of the greatest venues in the world?!?






5 comments:

  1. awesome as per usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Matteo, I soooo wish I had been there to see Angus play in the rain. The pictures are spectacular. Did you get a video of this one like you did in Brisbane. In my opinion, his Brisbane solo is the greatest he has done. As you say, truly epic! If you did get video of this one, I'll certainly find it, as I browse and stalk around the ACDC fans, YouTube, and their site. I feel like I'm waiting on a Christmas present! hehe. I really like your humor about Slash. "Nice" touch. I hope to meet you when I come to Italy at the end of this year. Your blogs are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures looks awesome. Brian did wear the sneakers in Sweden, at Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg in june 2009. Damn thats already a year ago./Tobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of Angus in the rain and his head up, open mouth is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Other rockers should take note. Most would probably say, "cancel the show,I might get sick"----BigJack5 Mark. Good meeting up with you guys last night after Paris gig

    ReplyDelete
  5. RR
    เกมสล็อตลิงสามตัว เป็นวิดีโอเกมสล็อตรูปแบบ 3 รีล 3 แถว ที่จะมีสัญลักษณ์ Wild ทั้งหมด 3 แบบ
    ซึ่งสัญลักษณ์ Wild ทั้งสามแบบสามารถใช้ทดแทนสัญลักษณ์อื่นได้ทุกตัวภายในเกม และหากสัญลักษณ์ Wild
    ทั้งสามแบบนี้ปรากฏขึ้นมาพร้อมกันบนรีลเดียวกัน สัญลักษณ์
    สล็อตPG
    สล็อตPG

    ReplyDelete